Skip to main content
Jersey SPB Logo
Size: View this website with small text View this website with medium text View this website with large text View this website with high visibility

Reporting Concerns

If you are concerned about a child's welfare or worried they are being abused, you can make a referral  to MASH (Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub).

Telephone number 01534 519 000

Education Sport & Culture Please e-mail Enquiry to: with MASH ENQUIRY FORM in the subject title The MASH Enquiry form can also be used to share information. More information on how to make a referral enquiry can be found in Children and Young Person Safeguarding Referrals Procedure.

If you are unsure the Jersey Safeguarding Partnership Board Child Protection Procedures Manual will be able to help guide you or the Threshold Guidance which tells you which types of services a family may need to get support.

Children who go missing from home or from care

All incidents, whether ‘absent’ or ‘missing’, should be reported to the States of Jersey Police on Tel: 01534 612 612

The responsibility for managing an absence lies with the parents, staff of the care home or foster carer.  There is an expectation that parents, staff or foster carers will make reasonable enquiries to locate the absent child and encourage them to return to where they should be. Further information is available in the Multi agency guidance on missing children (see Safeguarding Children who go Missing from Home or Care)

Alternatively you can call ChildLine for advice  on 0800 1111 or e-mail them by visiting


What to do if you’re worried a child is being abused: Advice for practitioners